Join us on Facebook!
Aaron Arden is exactly what a student hopes for in a martial arts instructor—someone who is not only very well qualified to teach the Shaolin arts, but also lives his life based on the Wu-De Shaolin Code. Sifu Aaron takes the time a student requires to understand not only how to perform moves in a form or technique but also the motivation and purpose behind the move. One of the highlights of my martial arts life was taking classes under Sifu Aaron Arden.
Sign up for a free introductory lesson!
Sifu Aaron Arden brings a special kind of enthusiasm to his teaching that really inspires students. Combine that with his in-depth understanding of the arts on so many levels, makes him a very special teacher. And he really knows how to make all that hard work fun!
The TEMPLE OF THE DRAGON is located in Maumee, Ohio just south of Toledo. We offer authentic classes in Kung Fu, Tai Chi, Yoga, Shuai Chiao (Grappling and Mixed Martial Arts or MMA), Hsing-I, Pa-Kua, Chinese Kenpo, and Ch'an(Zen) Meditation. Anyone ages 5 to 105, with any level of experience and physical condition can benefit from these traditional arts for health, fitness, stress management, self-defense, spiritual growth and more! The Temple Of The Dragon only teaches a true body, mind, and spirit experience through the traditional Shaolin Kung Fu arts the way they have been practiced for over 1500 years. True self-defense is not just of the body, but of the mind and spirit as well. Through your training at the Temple Of The Dragon you will come to realize that true peace and happiness comes through self-cultivation of the body, mind, and spirit.
Here's how classes at the Temple of the Dragon can change your life!
- Relieve stress
- Greater health and fitness
- Lose excess weight
- Decrease joint pain and inflammation
- Increase peace of mind
- Strong self-defense and combat skills
- Reduce negative thought patterns and habits
- Increase fitness
- Improve mental clarity and focus
- Increase vitality and energy
- A more positive spirit and outlook on life
- Bringing harmony to everything you do
- Help alleviate chronic ailments
- Reduce need for medication
- Improve balance
- It's fun and motivating!
"You will see significant changes in 2 short weeks!"
Three ways to try out our classes:
- Free One hour Intro Class (Sign Up Below)
- Sign up for a 1 or 3 month Boot Camp to try it out
- Sign up for one of our 4 formal Membership Programs (More info on our classes page)
All of this in a traditional setting with traditional instructors in private and semi private classes under the leadership of Sifu Aaron Arden. Every student will receive top notch individual instruction no matter what their fitness levels are. We take pride in creating a plan for each student to steadily follow and complete their goals!
The majority of martial arts, yoga and health centers today have unfortunately lost the traditional teachings - rooted in Zen Meditation, Yoga Sutras and Philosophy that go along with the kicking, punching and body exercises. Without these teachings you are simply learning empty movement.
Fortunately, a handful of martial arts schools do maintain the essential teachings that will help you cultivate your total mind, body and spirit. The Temple of the Dragon is among the very best of these schools.
Our classes offer a complete mind, body and spirit development program if your primary goals include stress reduction, relaxation, optimal health and well-being, improved fitness, longevity, weight control, greater self-awareness, refinement of martial arts skills, better balance and coordination, true peace of mind and greater spiritual cultivation.
If your goals include getting into the best physical shape of your life, learning top-notch self-defense and combat skills, learning strategies for self-protection, and developing the superior confidence, discipline, bravery and wisdom that traditional martial arts are known for, Our classes in Shaolin Kung Fu and Shaui Chiao Kung Fu (Chinese grappling) are for you.
See for yourself how martial arts can help you achieve some of life's most meaningful gifts: Peace of mind, harmony, spiritual awakening, health and fitness, confidence, greater wisdom and compassion.
When it comes to your well-being, don't just take our word for it
"I have been taking classes at the Temple Of The Dragon for less than a year now and it's amazing what it has done for me over all. Everything about me is better! The head instructor, the other students, and the training are all amazing! I am so glad I found this place! Thank you so much!"
Literally hundreds of scientific studies show that learning the arts of Tai Chi and Kung Fu can dramatically improve your health and well-being. For example:
• "Tai Chi reduces stress responses, lowering the incidence of anxiety, depression, fatigue, and general mood disturbance." (Journal of Psychosomatic Research, 1989 Vol 33(2) 197-206)
• "70% of all doctor's visits are due to stress." (Stress Management & Relaxation Technology, 1997)
• "Research directly comparing the practice of martial arts with other physical activities suggests that martial arts training produces positive psychosocial changes that are greater in magnitude and diversity than those produced by many other physical activities." (Brad Binder, Phd., 1999,2007)
• "Tai Chi boosts the immune system." (Prevention Magazine v.42 May 1990, p. 14-15)
• Like Yoga, Tai Chi can "Slow the aging process..." (QiGong, The Art & Science of Chinese Energy Healing, Kenneth S. Cohen, Ballentine Books, NY, 1997)
• Authentic Tai Chi "Improves postural control, while stretching toning, and relaxing the body in a cumulative way that no other exercise can achieve." (American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 1992 Apr Vol 46 (4) 295-300)
At The Temple of the Dragon you'll not only learn the physical side of each art, but also how to make healthy lifestyle choices that complement your training. These lifestyle factors include diet and nutrition, sleep habits, time management, exercise routines, reducing bad habits and unhealthy vices, associating with positive and optimistic people, being attuned to nature's cycles and living in accord with them, learning to be mindful of the moment, and many other factors.
Register for a Free Introductory Lesson!
We would love the opportunity to meet you and give you a Free Introductory Lesson. See for yourself how we can help you gain any of the very real benefits promised above. During the introductory lesson we will discuss your needs and goals and assess which of our programs can best help you achieve those goals. We will explain all of the features and benefits of our programs, answer any questions you might have about our programs.
Simply fill out the Application Form below, or call 419 344 1559.
Application for Martial Arts and Tai Chi Introductory Lesson
By filling out this form you are signing up for the next available introductory class time.
Back to top